Tipitaka Khmer

Please feel welcome to join the transcription project of the Tipitaka translation in khmer, and share one of your favorite Sutta or more. Simply click here or visit the Forum: 

Search ATI on ZzE

Zugang zur Einsicht - Schriften aus der Theravada Tradition

Access to Insight / Zugang zur Einsicht: Dhamma-Suche auf mehr als 4000 Webseiten (deutsch / english) - ohne zu googeln, andere Ressourcen zu nehmen, weltliche Verpflichtungen einzugehen. Sie sind für den Zugang zur Einsicht herzlich eingeladen diese Möglichkeit zu nutzen. (Info)

Random Sutta
Random Article
Random Jataka

Zufälliges Sutta
Zufälliger Artikel
Zufälliges Jataka

Arbeits/Work Forum ZzE

"Dhammatalks.org":
[logo dhammatalks.org]
Random Talk
[pic 30]

Chaṭṭha Saṅgāyana Tipitaka

A message and email solution for Venerable's Sangha, your Parisa or Upasaka's community in Dhamma: May one make use of the given "Sangha-messager": Download app here . More infos see here . មិនទាន់មានកម្មវិធីផ្ញើសារទេ? ទាញយកសារហារីសង្ឃ

22 Feb 2014 - (9) 4. Macalavaggo [en]

[ < ]                                                                                                                  [ > ]

(9) 4. Macalavaggo

1. Pāṇātipātasuttaṃ

Destroying life

81. "Bhikkhus, endowed with four things as though led and lain is in hell. What four? Destroying living things, taking the not given, misbehaving in sexual desires and telling lies. Bhikkhus, endowed with these four things as though led and lain is in hell.

"Bhikkhus, endowed with four things as though led and lain is in heaven. What four? Abstaining from, destroying of living things, taking the not given, misbehaving in sexual desires and telling lies. Bhikkhus, endowed with these four things as though led and lain is in heaven."

2. Musāvādasuttaṃ

Telling lies

82. "Bhikkhus, endowed with four things as though led and lain is in hell. What four? Telling lies, slandering, talking roughly and talking frivolously Bhikkhus, endowed with these four things as though led and lain is in hell.

"Bhikkhus, endowed with four things as though led and lain is in heaven. What four? Abstaining from, telling lies, slandering, talking roughly, and frivolously Bhikkhus, endowed with these four things as though led and lain is in heaven."

3. Avaṇṇārahasuttaṃ

Suitable to be blamed

83. "Endowed with four things as though led and lain is in hell. What four? Without a thorough consideration and scrutiny praises that which should not be praised Without a thorough consideration and scrutiny depreciates that which should be appreciated. Without a thorough consideration and scrutiny, becomes pleased in which confidence should not be established. Without a thorough consideration and scrutiny becomes displeased in which confidence should be established. Endowed with these four things as though led and lain is in hell.

"Endowed with four things as though led and lain is in heaven. What four? Thoroughly considering and scrutinizing praises that which should be praised Thoroughly considering and scrutinizing depreciates that which should be depreciated. Thoroughly considering and scrutinizing, becomes pleased in which confidence should be established. Thoroughly considering and scrutinizing becomes displeased in which confidence should not be established. Endowed with these four things as though led and lain is in heaven."

4. Kodhagarusuttaṃ

Pursuing anger

84. "Bhikkhus, endowed with four things as though led and lain is in hell. What four? Pursuing anger and not the good Teaching, pursuing hard heartedness and not the good Teaching, pursuing gains and not the good Teaching, and pursuing hospitality and not the good Teaching. Bhikkhus, endowed with these four things as though led and lain is in hell.

"Bhikkhus, endowed with four things as though led and lain is in heaven. What four? Pursuing the good Teaching not anger, pursuing the good Teaching not hard heartedness, pursuing the good Teaching not gains, and pursuing the good Teaching not hospitality. Bhikkhus, endowed with these four things as though led and lain is in heaven."

5. Tamotamasuttaṃ

From darkness to darkness

85. "Bhikkhus, these four persons are evident in the world. What four? One goes from darkness to darkness, another from darkness to light, another from light to darkness and the other from light to light.

"Bhikkhus, which person goes from darkness to darkness? Here, bhikkhus, a certain person is born in a low clan, in the family of, an outcaste, a hunter, a basket weaver, a chariot maker, a rubbish collector or in a poor family, obtaining his eatables and drinks with difficulty. He without pleasant looks, is deformed, has many ailments, is blind, paralysed, lame or crippled and obtains eatables, drinks, clothes, flowers and scents, beds, lodgings, and lighting with difficulty. He misbehaves bodily, verbally and mentally and after death goes to loss, to decrease, to a bad state, is born in hell. Bhikkhus, this person who is in darkness has gone to darkness.

"Bhikkhus, which person goes from darkness to light? Here, bhikkhus, a certain person is born in a low clan, in the family of, an outcaste, a hunter, a basket weaver, a chariot maker, a rubbish collector or in a poor family, obtaining his eatables and drinks with difficulty. He without pleasant looks, is deformed, has many ailments, is blind, paralysed, lame or crippled and obtains eatables, drinks, clothes, flowers and scents, beds, lodgings, and lighting with difficulty. He conducts himself well bodily, verbally and mentally and after death goes to a good state, to increase, is born in heaven. Bhikkhus, this person in darkness has gone to light.

"Bhikkhus, which person goes from light to darkness? Here, bhikkhus, a certain person is born in a high clan of the warriors, Brahmins or householders. with much resources and wealth. He endowed with the highest complexion beauty and handsome looks is a gainer of eatables, drinks, clothes, flowers and scents, beds, lodgings and lighting without difficulty. He misbehaves by body, words and mind and after death goes to loss, to decrease, to a bad state, is born in hell. Bhikkhus, this person goes from light to darkness.

"Bhikkhus, which person goes from light to light? Here, bhikkhus, a certain person is born in a high clan of the warriors, Brahmins or householders. with much resources and wealth. He endowed with the highest complexion beauty and handsome looks is a gainer of eatables, drinks, clothes, flowers and scents, beds, lodgings and lighting without difficulty. He conducts himself well by body, words and mind and after death goes to a good state, to increase, is born in heaven. Bhikkhus, this person goes from light to light.

"Bhikkhus, these four persons are evident in the world."

6. Oṇatoṇatasuttaṃ

To bend low and lower

86. "Bhikkhus, these four persons are evident in the world. What four? The one who bends and bends still lower, the one who bends low and rises, the one who rises and bends and the one who rises high and still higher. Bhikkhus, these four persons are evident in the world."

7. Puttasuttaṃ

The son of the head anointed warrior

87. "Bhikkhus, these four persons are evident in the world. Which four? The not yet bloomed recluse, the bloomed recluse, the bloomed recluse with a thousand petals and the most soft and graceful recluse."

"Bhikkhus, who is the not yet bloomed recluse? Here, bhikkhus, the bhikkhu is a trainer fallen to the path, abiding with the intention of attaining the noble end, the highest appeasement from bondage. Like the eldest son of the head anointed warrior king, come of age and waiting to be head anointed. In the same manner the bhikkhu is a trainer fallen to the path, abiding with the intention of attaining the noble end, the highest appeasement from bondage. Bhikkhus, this is the not yet bloomed recluse.

"Bhikkhus, who is the bloomed recluse? Here, bhikkhus, the bhikkhu has destroyed desires, released the mind from desires and released through wisdom, here and now having realized abides. He has not experienced the eight releases with the body. Bhikkhus, this is the bloomed recluse.

"Bhikkhus, who is the recluse bloomed with a thousand petals? Here, bhikkhus, the bhikkhu has destroyed desires, released the mind from desires and released through wisdom, here and now having realized abides. He has experienced the eight releases with the body. Bhikkhus, this is the recluse bloomed with a thousand petals.

"Bhikkhus, who is the most soft and graceful recluse? Here, bhikkhus, if the bhikkhu asks for many robes, he should partake them, if he does not ask, a few could be partaken. If the bhikkhu asks for much morsel food, it should be partaken, if he does not ask, a little could be partaken. If the bhikkhu asks for many dwellings, they should be partaken, if he does not ask, a few could be partaken. If the bhikkhu asks for, many requisites when ill they should be partaken, if he does not ask, a few could be partaken. When living with other co-associates in the holy life, many of his bodily actions are pleasant, a few unpleasant. Many of his verbal actions are pleasant a few unpleasant. Many of his mental actions are pleasant a few unpleasant. Whatever presentations done are made pleasantly, and seldom unpleasantly. The many feelings arising on account of bile or phlegm or wind or all three together or the change of seasons or unusual activity, or sudden accidents, or born on accou t of results of actions, are not to him. He suffers few ailments. Of the four higher states of the mind, the pleasant abidings here and now, he is a gainer for nothing, a quick gainer without difficulty. Destroying desires, releasing the mind and released through wisdom, he here and now realizing, abides. Bhikkhus, this is the most soft and graceful recluse.

"Bhikkhus, saying it correctly, I am that most soft and graceful recluse. Bhikkhus, if I asked for many robes they should be partaken, if I did not ask, a few could be partaken. If I asked for much morsel food, they should be partaken, if I did not ask, a little could be partaken. If I asked for many dwellings they should be partaken, if I did not ask, a few could be partaken. If I asked for many requisites when ill, they should be partaken, if I did not ask, a little could be partaken. When living with other co-associates in the holy life, many of my bodily actions I did pleasantly, a few unpleasantly. Many of my verbal actions I did pleasantly a few unpleasantly. Many of my mental actions I did pleasantly a few unpleasantly. Whatever presentations done by me, I did them pleasantly, and seldom unpleasantly. The many feelings arising on account of bile or phlegm or wind or all three together or the change of seasons or unusual activity, or sudden accidents, or born on accout of results of actions, are not to me, I suffer few ailments. Of the four higher states of the mind, the pleasant abidings here and now, I am a gainer for nothing, a quick gainer without difficulty. Destroying desires, releasing the mind and released through wisdom, here and now realizing, I abide. Bhikkhus, I am that most soft and graceful recluse.

8. Saṃyojanasuttaṃ

Bonds

88. "Bhikkhus, these four persons are evident in the world. Which four? The not yet bloomed recluse, the bloomed recluse, the bloomed recluse with a thousand petals and the most soft and graceful recluse.

"Bhikkhus, who is the not yet bloomed recluse? Here, bhikkhus, the bhikkhu destroying the three lower bonds wins entry into the stream of the Teaching and becomes one who aims exitinction, not falling away from there. Bhikkhus, this is the not yet bloomed recluse.

"Bhikkhus, who is the bloomed recluse? Here, bhikkhus, the bhikkhu destroying the three lower bonds and diminishing greed, hate and delusion, becomes one, who returns to this world only once more to put an end to unpleasantness. Bhikkhus, this is the bloomed recluse.

"Bhikkhus, who is the bloomed recluse with a thousand petals? Here, bhikkhus, the bhikkhu destroying the five lower bonds binding him to the sensual world, he becomes a spontanously arisen one, not proceeding any further he extinguishes in that same birth. Bhikkhus, this is the bloomed recluse with a thousand petals.

"Bhikkhus, who is the most soft and graceful recluse? Here, bhikkhus, the bhikkhu destroys desires, releases the mind and released through wisdom too, he abides having realized. Bhikkhus, this is the most soft and graceful recluse.

9. Sammādiṭṭhisuttaṃ

Right view

89. "Bhikkhus, these four persons are evident in the world. Which four? The not yet bloomed recluse, the bloomed recluse, the bloomed recluse with a thousand petals and the most soft and graceful recluse.

"Bhikkhus, who is the not yet bloomed recluse? Here, bhikkhus, the bhikkhu has right view, right thoughts, right speech, right action, right livelihood, right endeavour, right mindfulness and right concentration. Bhikkhus, this is the not yet bloomed recluse.

"Bhikkhus, who is the bloomed recluse? Here, bhikkhus, the bhikkhu has right view, right thoughts, right speech, right action, right livelihood, right endeavour, right mindfulness, right concentration, right knowledge and right release. He abides not experiencing the eight releases with his body. Bhikkhus, this is the bloomed recluse.

"Bhikkhus, who is the bloomed recluse with a thousand petals? Here, bhikkhus, the bhikkhu has right view, right thoughts, right speech, right action, right livelihood, right endeavour, right mindfulness, right concentration, right knowledge and right release. He abides experiencing the eight releases with his body. Bhikkhus, this is the bloomed recluse with a thousand petals.

"Bhikkhus, who is the most soft and graceful recluse? Here, bhikkhus, if the bhikkhu asked for many robes, he should partake them, if he did not ask, a few could be partaken. If the bhikkhu asked for, much morsel food, it should be partaken, if he did not ask, a little could be partaken. If the bhikkhu asked for, many dwellings, they should be partaken, if he did not ask, a few could be partaken. If the bhikkhu asked for, many requisites when ill they should be partaken, if he did not ask, a few could be partaken. When living with other co-associates in the holy life, many of his bodily actions he did pleasantly, a few unpleasantly. Many of his verbal actions he did pleasantly a few unpleasantly. Many of his mental actions he did pleasantly a few unpleasantly. Whatever presentations done he made pleasantly, and seldom unpleasantly. The many feelings arising on account of bile or phlegm or wind or all three together or the change of seasons or unusual activity, or sudden accidents, or born on accout of results of actions, are not to him. He suffers few ailments. Of the four higher states of the mind, the pleasant abidings here and now, he is a gainer for nothing, a quick gainer without difficulty. Destroying desires, releasing the mind and released through wisdom, he here and now realizing, abides. Bhikkhus, this is the most soft and graceful recluse.

"Bhikkhus, saying it correctly, I am that most soft and graceful recluse. Bhikkhus, if I asked for, many robes they should be partaken, if I did not ask, a few could be partaken. If I asked for, much morsel food, it should be partaken, if I did not ask, a little could be partaken. If I asked for, many dwellings they should be partaken, if I did not ask, a few could be partaken. If I asked for, many requisites when ill, they should be partaken, if I did not ask, a little could be partaken. When living with other co-associates in the holy life, many of my bodily actions I did pleasantly, a few unpleasantly. Many of my verbal actions I did pleasantly a few unpleasantly. Many of my mental actions I did pleasantly a few unpleasantly. Whatever presentations done by me were done pleasantly, and seldom unpleasantly. The many feelings arising on account of bile or phlegm or wind or all three together or the change of seasons or unusual activity, or sudden accidents, or born on accout of results of actions, are not to me, I suffer few ailments. Of the four higher states of the mind, the pleasant abidings here and now, I am a gainer for nothing, a quick gainer without difficulty. Destroying desires, releasing the mind and released through wisdom, here and now realizing, I abide. Bhikkhus, I am that most soft and graceful recluse.

10. Khandhasuttaṃ

The Masses

90. "Bhikkhus, these four persons are evident in the world. Which four? The not yet bloomed recluse, the bloomed recluse, the bloomed recluse with a thousand petals and the most soft and graceful recluse.

"Bhikkhus, who is the not yet bloomed recluse? Here, bhikkhus, the bhikkhu abides with a desire to attain the noble end from unpleasantness not yet attained. Bhikkhus, this is the not yet bloomed recluse.

"Bhikkhus, who is the bloomed recluse? Here bhikkhus, the bhikkhu abides examining the arising and fading of the five holding masses: This is matter, this its arising, this its cessation. These are feelings, this its arising, this its cessation. These are perceptions, this their arising, this their cessation. These are determinations, this their arising, this their cessation. This is consciousness, this its arising and this its cessation. He abides not experiencing the eight releases with the body. Bhikkhus, this person is a bloomed recluse.

"Bhikkhus, who is the bloomed recluse with a thousand petals? Here bhikkhus, the bhikkhu abides examining the arising and fading of the five holding masses: This is matter, this its arising, this its cessation. These are feelings, this its arising, this its cessation. These are perceptions, this their arising, this their cessation. These are determinations, this their arising, this their cessation. This is consciousness, this its arising and this its cessation. He abides experiencing the eight releases with the body. Bhikkhus, this person is a bloomed recluse with a thousand petals.

"Bhikkhus, who is the most soft and graceful recluse? Here, bhikkhus, if the bhikkhu asked for many robes, he should partake them, if he did not ask, a few could be partaken. If the bhikkhu asked for, much morsel food, he should partake them, if he did not ask, a little could be partaken. If the bhikkhu asked for many dwellings, they should be partaken, if he did not ask a few could be partaken. If the bhikkhu asked for, many requisites when ill they should be partaken, if he did not ask, a few could be partaken. When living with other co-associates in the holy life, many of his bodily actions he did pleasantly, a few unpleasantly. Many of his verbal actions he did pleasantly a few unpleasantly. Many of his mental actions he did pleasantly, a few unpleasantly. Whatever presentations done he did them pleasantly, and seldom unpleasantly. The many feelings arising on account of bile or phlegm or wind or all three together or the change of seasons or unusual activity, or sudden accidents, or born on accout of results of actions, are not to him. He suffers few ailments. Of the four higher states of the mind, the pleasant abidings here and now, he is a gainer for nothing, a quick gainer without difficulty. Destroying desires, releasing the mind and released through wisdom, he here and now realizing, abides. Bhikkhus, this is the most soft and graceful recluse.

"Bhikkhus, saying it correctly, I am that most soft and graceful recluse. Bhikkhus, if I asked for, many robes I should partake them, if I did not ask, a few could be partaken. If I asked for, much morsel food, it should be partaken, if I did not ask, a little could be partaken. If I asked for, many dwellings they should be partaken, if I did not ask, a few could be partaken. If I asked for, many requisites when ill, they should be partaken, if I did not ask, a little could be partaken. When living with other co-associates in the holy life, many of my bodily actions I did pleasantly, a few unpleasantly. Many of my verbal actions I did pleasantly a few unpleasantly. Many of my mental actions I did pleasantly a few unpleasantly. Whatever presentations done by me, I did them pleasantly, and seldom unpleasantly. The many feelings arising on account of bile or phlegm or wind or all three together or the change of seasons or unusual activity, or sudden accidents, or born on accout of results of actions, are not to me, I suffer few ailments. Of the four higher states of the mind, the pleasant abidings here and now, I am a gainer for nothing, a quick gainer without difficulty. Destroying desires, releasing the mind and released through wisdom, here and now realizing, I abide. Bhikkhus, I am that most soft and graceful recluse.

Macalavaggo catuttho.

Tassuddānaṃ –

Pāṇātipāto ca musā, avaṇṇakodhatamoṇatā;

Putto saṃyojanañceva, diṭṭhi khandhena te dasāti.

-- This translation is Dhamma-Dana (gift of teaching) from Ven. Sister Uppalavanna, edited and integrated into the structure based on the Pali Tipitika of Vipassana Research Insititute, Igatpuri India --

logo_sangham_30Donator/Contributor: Ven. Sister Uppalavanna, Provinz Galla in Sri Lanka (via Ven. Bhikkhu Mettavihari)
Source of origin: http://www.metta.lk/
How to cite this document one suggested style: "(9) 4. Macalavaggo", edited by sangham.net, 16 Feb 2014,
https://forum.sangham.net/index.php?page=s0402m3.mul8_en_uppa , Retrieved on

Articles in « Catukkanipātapāḷi__en »

Comments *