Tipitaka Khmer

Please feel welcome to join the transcription project of the Tipitaka translation in khmer, and share one of your favorite Sutta or more. Simply click here or visit the Forum: 

Search ATI on ZzE

Zugang zur Einsicht - Schriften aus der Theravada Tradition

Access to Insight / Zugang zur Einsicht: Dhamma-Suche auf mehr als 4000 Webseiten (deutsch / english) - ohne zu googeln, andere Ressourcen zu nehmen, weltliche Verpflichtungen einzugehen. Sie sind für den Zugang zur Einsicht herzlich eingeladen diese Möglichkeit zu nutzen. (Info)

Random Sutta
Random Article
Random Jataka

Zufälliges Sutta
Zufälliger Artikel
Zufälliges Jataka

Arbeits/Work Forum ZzE

"Dhammatalks.org":
[logo dhammatalks.org]
Random Talk
[pic 30]

Chaṭṭha Saṅgāyana Tipitaka

A message and email solution for Venerable's Sangha, your Parisa or Upasaka's community in Dhamma: May one make use of the given "Sangha-messager": Download app here . More infos see here . មិនទាន់មានកម្មវិធីផ្ញើសារទេ? ទាញយកសារហារីសង្ឃ

[ < ]                                                                                                                  [ > ]

(7) 2. Pattakammavaggo

Actions restored

1. Pattakammasuttaṃ

Restoring actions

61. The householder Anāthapiṇḍika approached the Blessed One, worshipped and sat on a side. The Blessed One said thus to him:

"Householder, these four things, pleasing and agreeable for worldly pleasure and charm are rare in the world. What four? May wealth arise to me rightfully. This is the first thing rare in the world, pleasing and agreeable for worldly pleasure and charm.

"When wealth is obtained rightfully may my fame spread together with my relatives and Master. This is the second thing rare in the world, pleasing and agreeable for worldly pleasure and charm.

"Wealth is obtained rightfully, my fame has spread together with my relatives and Master. May I live long protected. This is the third thing rare in the world, pleasing and agreeable for worldly pleasure and charm.

"Wealth is obtained rightfully my fame has spread together with my relatives and Master. At the end of a long protected life, securing a place in heaven, may I be born there. This is the fourth thing rare in the world, pleasing and agreeable for worldly pleasure and charm. Householder, these four rare things in the world, are pleasing and agreeable for worldly pleasure and charm.

"Householder, these four rare things in the world, pleasing and agreeable for worldly pleasure and charm, conduce to the gain of four things. What four? The attainment of faith, virtues, generosity and wisdom.

"Householder, what is the attainment of faith? Here, householder, the noble disciple establishes faith in the enlightenment of the Thus Gone One: The Blessed One is worthy, rightfully enlightened, is endowed with knowledge and conduct, well gone, is the incomparable tamer of those to be tamed, teacher of gods and men, enlightened and Blessed. Householder, to this is called the attainment of faith.

"Householder, what is the attainment of virtues? Here, householder, the noble disciple abstains from destroying living things, taking the not given, misbehaving in sexual desires, telling lies, taking intoxicant and brewd drinks. Householder, to this is called the attainment of virtues.

"Householder, what is the attainment of generosity? Here, householder, the noble disciple lives in the household having dispelled miserliness and its stains, his mind released through benevolence, is open handed attached to giving to those in need, he abides making arrangements to give gifts. Householder, to this is called the attainment of generosity.

"Householder, what is the attainment of wisdom? Householder, the mind of one abiding, overcome by covetousness and greed, does what should not be done and fails to do what should be done and whatever obtainable pleasantness flees from him. Householder, the mind of one abiding, overcome by hatefulness, does what should not be done and fails to do what should be done and whatever obtainable pleasantness flees from him. Householder, the mind of one abiding, overcome by sloth and torpor, does what should not be done and fails to do what should be done and whatever obtainable pleasantness flees from him. Householder, the mind of one abiding, overcome by restlessness and worry does what should not be done and fails to do what should be done and whatever obtainable pleasantness flees from him. Householder, the mind of one abiding, overcome by doubts, does what should not be done and fails to do what should be done and whatever obtainable pleasantness flees from him.

"Householder, the noble disciple knowing that covetousness and greed is a minor defilement of the mind dispels it. Knowing that hatefulness is a minor defilement of the mind dispels it. Knowing that sloth and torpor is a minor defilement of the mind dispels it. Knowing that restlessness and worry is a minor defilement of the mind dispels it. Knowing that doubts are minor defilements of the mind dispel them. When the noble disciple knowing that covetousness and greed, hatefulness, sloth and torpor, restlessness and worry and doubts are minor defilements of the mind and dispel them it is said that the noble disciple has attained great spread out wisdom which sees the respective field of conscioussness. This is the attainment of wisdom.

"Householder, these four rare things in the world, pleasing and agreeable for worldly pleasure and charm, conduce to the gain of these four things.

"Householder, with the rightfully amassed wealth, by arousing effort toiling with his own hands while sweat was dripping, the noble disciple does four things. What four?

"Householder, with the rightfully amassed wealth, by arousing effort, toiling with his own hands, while sweat was dripping, the noble disciple, pleases himself lives enjoying pleasure, pleases wife, children, slaves and workmen and makes them enjoy life. Pleases friends and co-associates. This is his first achievement and restoration of actions within his sphere.

"Again, householder, with the rightfully amassed wealth, by arousing effort, toiling with his own hands, while sweat was dripping, the noble disciple, makes himself safe by investing for a misfortune from fire, water, the king, from robbers, from unwelcome inheriters, or such like disaster. This is his second achievement and restoration of actions within his sphere.

"Again, householder, with the rightfully amassed wealth, by arousing effort, toiling with his own hands, while sweat was dripping, the noble disciple, makes fivefold offerings such as to relations, guests, the departed, the king and the gods. This is his third achievement, restoration of actions within his sphere.

"Again, householder, with the rightfully amassed wealth, by arousing effort, toiling with his own hands, while sweat was dripping, the noble disciple, makes the highest offerings to recluses and Brahmins, who refrain from intoxicants and negligence, are appeased and gentle. Of them some engaged in appeasing and taming themselves, and others extinguished. This is his fourth achievement and restoration of actions within his sphere.

"Householder, with the rightfully amassed wealth, by arousing effort toiling with his own hands while sweat was dripping, the noble disciple does these four achievements and restorations of actions within his sphere. Householder, whosever wealth gets exhausted other than in these four achievements and restorations it is said to be put below the ground, thrown away and not enjoyed through the senses. Householder, if wealth gets exhausted in these four achievements and restorations, it is said to be put to good use not thrown away and enjoyed through the senses."

"I have amassed wealth, partaken it, sustained others and left for misfortune,

Have given gifts to the highest and made the five offerings.

I have attended on the restrained, virtuous leading a holy life.

For whatever reason wise householders earn wealth,

That I have attained, there is no remorse

Humans aware of death, established in the noble teaching

Rejoice here and now and later in heaven."

2. Ānaṇyasuttaṃ

Not indebted

62. The householder Anāthapiṇḍika approached the Blessed One, worshipped and sat on a side. The Blessed One said thus to him:

"Householder, these four pleasantnesses should be attained by householders, partaking sensual pleasures as and when the convenience occurs. What four? The pleasantness I have, the pleasantness of wealth, the pleasantness am not in debt, and the pleasantness am faultless.

"Householder, what is the pleasantness I have? Here, householder, there is rightfully earned wealth to the son of a clansman amassed through aroused effort, toiling with his own hands while sweat dripped. He becomes pleasant thinking I have rightfully earned wealth, toiling with my own hands while sweat dripped. Householder, this is the pleasantness I have.

"Householder, what is the pleasantness of wealth? Here, householder, there is rightfully earned wealth to the son of a clansman amassed through aroused effort, toiling with his own hands while sweat dripped. He partakes that wealth and also does merit with it, thinking I partake my wealth and do merit with my rightfully earned wealth and he becomes pleasant. Householder, this is the pleasantness of wealth.

"Householder, what is the pleasantness, am not in debt? Here, householder, the son of a clansman does not owe anything to anyone small or large. He becomes pleasant thinking I do not owe anything to anyone large or small. Householder, this is the pleasantness am not in debt.

"Householder, what is the pleasantness am faultless? Here, householder, the noble disciple is endowed with faultless bodily action, faultless verbal action and faultless mental action. He becomes pleasant thinking am faultless in bodily, verbal and mental actions. Householder, this is the pleasantness am faultless.

"Householder, these four pleasantnesses should be attained by householders, partaking sensual pleasures as and when the convenience occurs."

"Assured I have and am not in debt, he enjoys his wealth.

Knowing death is a liability, he reflects wisely,

Reflecting he knows, all pleasantnesses are not worth,

One fourth nor one sixteenth, to the pleasantness am faultless."

3. Brahmasuttaṃ

With Brahma

63. "Bhikkhus, those families are with Brahma, where the mother and father are worshipped by their children. Those families are with the first teachers, where the mother and father are worshipped by their children. Those families are with a former god, where the mother and father are worshipped by their children. Those families are worthy of reverence where the mother and father are worshipped by their children.

"Bhikkhus, Brahma is a synonym for mother and father. The first teachers, is a synonym for mother and father. A former god is a synonym for mother and father. Worthy of reverence is also a synonym for mother and father. What is the reason? Bhikkhus, mother and father have done a lot for their children, feeding them and showing them the world when they were helpless."

"Mother and father are said to be Brahma and an earlier god,

Children should revere them, for the compassion of the populace

The wise should revere and care for them, giving eatables, drinks

Clothes, beds, massaging, bathing and washing their feet

The wise enjoy attending on their mother and father

And later enjoy heavenly bliss."

4. Nirayasuttaṃ

In hell

64. "Bhikkhus, endowed with four things as though led and lain is in hell. What four? Destroying living things, taking the not given, misbehaving in sexual desires and telling lies. Bhikkhus, endowed with these four things as though led and lain is in hell."

"The wise do not praise destroying living things and taking the not given,

Nor do they praise going to others' wives or telling lies."

5. Rūpasuttaṃ

Matter

65. "Bhikkhus, these four persons are evident in the world. What four? Those, measuring by matter and pleased with it, measuring by the heard and pleased with it, measuring by unpleasantness and pleased with it and measuring by thoughts and pleased with it. Bhikkhus, these four persons are evident in the world."

"Those measuring people by the seen and heard go by interest and greed.

They do not know those people.

Not knowing the internal nor seeing the external.

The fool completely shrouded, is carried away by the sound

Not knowing the internal, sees external results,

He is also carried away by the heard.

He that knows the internal and sees the external

Sees with the veil rolled away, he is not carried by the heard."

6. Sarāgasuttaṃ

With greed

66. "Bhikkhus, these four persons are evident in the world. What four? The one, with greed, with hate, with delusion and with measuring. Bhikkhus, these four persons are evident in the world."

"The greedy, developing interest in agreeable things,

And unaware they are deluded, grow their bonds

The foolish doing demerit born of greed, hate or delusion,

Fall into trouble and unpleasantness.

Sentient beings shrouded in ignorance are blind,

Do not think to hear the appeasing Teaching."

7. Ahirājasuttaṃ

Powerful serpents

67. At one time the Blessed One was living in the monastery offered by Anāthapiṇḍika in Jeta's grove in Sāvatthi. At that time a certain bhikkhu in Sāvatthi had died stung by serpent. Then many bhikkhus approached the Blessed One worshipped sat on a side and said: "Venerable sir, here in Sāvatthi a certain bhikkhu has died stung by a serpent."

"Bhikkhus, it may be he had not pervaded with loving kindness the four powerful clans of serpents. If he had pervaded with loving kindness the four powerful clans of serpents, he would not have died stung by a serpent. What are the four powerful clans of serpents?

"The Virupakkha clan of serpents, Erapatha clan of serpents Chabyaputta clan of serpents and the Kanhagotama clan of serpents. Bhikkhus, if he had pervaded with loving kindness these four powerful clans of serpents, he would not have died stung by a serpent.

"Bhikkhus, I grant permission to pervade these four clans of serpents with loving kindness. as a protection and a guard."

"I pervade with loving kindness these four clans of serpents

Such as Virupakkha, Erapatha, Chabyaputta and Kanhagotama.

I pervade with loving kindness, the feetless, two-footed, four-footed and many-footed.

May the feetless, two-footed, four-footed and many-footed not harm me.

May all, beings, living things, born things be seen without evil, may no one come to evil.

The Enlightened One, the Teaching and the Community of bhikkhus are immeasurable.

Creeping things, like serpents, scorpions, wasps, lizards and mice are measurable.

I have made a protection and guard.

May these beings recede.

I worship the Blessed One and seven enlightened ones."

8. Devadattasuttaṃ

Devadatta

68. At one time the Blessed One was living among the Gijja peaks in Rajagaha soon after devadatta had left the dispensation and the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus on account of Devadatta:

"Bhikkhus, gain, hospitality and fame arose to Devadatta for his destruction and defeat. Just as the banana tree blossoms for its destruction and defeat. In like manner Bhikkhus, gain, hospitality and fame arose to Devadatta for his destruction and defeat.

"Bhikkhus, gain, hospitality and fame arose to Devadatta for his destruction and defeat. Just as the bamboo grove blossoms for its destruction and defeat. In like manner Bhikkhus, gain, hospitality and fame arose to Devadatta for his destruction and defeat.

"Bhikkhus, gain, hospitality and fame arose to Devadatta for his destruction and defeat. Just as the reed blossoms for its destruction and defeat. In like manner Bhikkhus, gain, hospitality and fame arose to Devadatta for his destruction and defeat.

"Bhikkhus, gain, hospitality and fame arose to Devadatta for his destruction and defeat. Just as the she mule conceived for its destruction and defeat. In like manner Bhikkhus, gain, hospitality and fame arose to Devadatta for his destruction and defeat."

"Bearing fruit, indeed destroys the banana tree, bamboo grove and the reed,

Hospitality destroys the low man as conception the she mule."

9. Padhānasuttaṃ

Endeavours

69. "Bhikkhus, these four are the endeavours. What four? The endeavour to restrain, the endeavour to dispel, the endeavour to develop and the endeavour to protect.

"Bhikkhus, what is the endeavour to restrain? Here, bhikkhus, the bhikkhu arouses interest, makes effort and pursues the mind for the not arising of non arisen demeritorious thoughts. Bhikkhus, to this is called the endeavour to restrain.

"Bhikkhus, what is the endeavour to dispel? Here, bhikkhus, the bhikkhu arouses interest, makes effort and pursues the mind for the dispelling of arisen demeritorious thoughts. Bhikkhus, to this is called the endeavour to dispel.

"Bhikkhus, what is the endeavour to develop? Here, bhikkhus, the bhikkhu arouses interest, makes effort and pursues the mind for the arising of non arisen meritorious thoughts. Bhikkhus, to this is called the endeavour to develop.

"Bhikkhus, what is the endeavour to protect? Here, bhikkhus, the bhikkhu arouses interest, makes effort and pursues the mind for the establishment, unconfused development and completion of the arisen meritorious thoughts. Bhikkhus, to this is called the endeavour to protect."

"Bhikkhus, these are the four endeavours.

Restraining, dispelling, developing and protection,

These are the four endeavours declared by the kinsman of the sun

If the bhikkhu endeavours on these, he destroys unpleasantenss."

10. Adhammikasuttaṃ

Unrighteousness

70. "Bhikkhus, at a time the kings are not righteous, the royal princes too are not righteous. When the royal princes are not righteous the Brahmin householders are not righteous. When the Brahmin householders are not righteous those in the hamlets and states are not righteous. When those in the hamlets and states are not righteous, the moon and sun shine unevenly. When the moon and sun shine unevenly the stars and the constellation shine unevenly. Then the night and day dawn unevenly. When the night and day dawn unevenly, the fortnights and the months become uneven. When the fortnights and months become uneven, the seasons and the year become uneven. When the seasons and the year become uneven, an untimely wind blows in a wrong frame. When untimely winds blow in a wrong frame the rainy clouds become disturbed. When the clouds that bring rain are disturbed, the rightful rain does not come down. When rightful rain does not come down the grains ripe unevenly. When humans eat the grains unevenly ripened, their life span shorten, lose their beauty and power and are struck by many ailments."

"Bhikkhus, at a time the kings are righteous, the royal princes too are righteous. When the royal princes are righteous the Brahmin householders are righteous. When the Brahmin householders are righteous those in the hamlets and states are righteous. When those in the hamlets and states are righteous, the moon and sun shine evenly. When the moon and sun shine evenly the stars and the constellation shine evenly. Then the night and day dawn evenly. When the night and day dawn evenly, the fortnights and the months become even. When the fortnights and months become even, the seasons and the year become even. When the seasons and the year become even, timely winds blow in the right frame. When timely winds blow in the right frame the rainy clouds are not disturbed. When the clouds that bring rain are not disturbed, the rightful rain comes down. When rightful rain comes down the grains ripe evenly. When humans eat the grains evenly ripened, their life span lengthen, they become beautiful and powerful and have few ailments."

"Of a herd of cattle if the leading bull goes crooked,

All the followers go crooked, not knowing that they do so

Even so among humans if the one considered the chief,

Is unrighteous, all the following become unrighteous

If the king is unrighteous, the whole country rest unpleasantly

Of a herd of cattle if the leading bull goes straight,

All the followers go straight, not knowing that they do so

Even so among humans if the one considered the chief,

Is righteous, all the following become righteous

If the king is righteous, the whole country rest pleasantly."

Pattakammavaggo dutiyo.

Tassuddānaṃ –

Pattakammaṃ ānaṇyako anaṇako (sī. pī.), anaṇyako (ka.), sabrahmanirayā rūpena pañcamaṃ;

Sarāgaahirājā devadatto, padhānaṃ adhammikena cāti.

-- This translation is Dhamma-Dana (gift of teaching) from Ven. Sister Uppalavanna, edited and integrated into the structure based on the Pali Tipitika of Vipassana Research Insititute, Igatpuri India --

logo_sangham_30Donator/Contributor: Ven. Sister Uppalavanna, Provinz Galla in Sri Lanka (via Ven. Bhikkhu Mettavihari)
Source of origin: http://www.metta.lk/
How to cite this document one suggested style: "(7) 2. Pattakammavaggo", edited by sangham.net, 16 Feb 2014,
https://forum.sangham.net/index.php?page=s0402m3.mul6_en_uppa , Retrieved on

Articles in « Catukkanipātapāḷi__en »

Comments *