Tipitaka Khmer

Please feel welcome to join the transcription project of the Tipitaka translation in khmer, and share one of your favorite Sutta or more. Simply click here or visit the Forum: 

Search ATI on ZzE

Zugang zur Einsicht - Schriften aus der Theravada Tradition

Access to Insight / Zugang zur Einsicht: Dhamma-Suche auf mehr als 4000 Webseiten (deutsch / english) - ohne zu googeln, andere Ressourcen zu nehmen, weltliche Verpflichtungen einzugehen. Sie sind für den Zugang zur Einsicht herzlich eingeladen diese Möglichkeit zu nutzen. (Info)

Random Sutta
Random Article
Random Jataka

Zufälliges Sutta
Zufälliger Artikel
Zufälliges Jataka

Arbeits/Work Forum ZzE

"Dhammatalks.org":
[logo dhammatalks.org]
Random Talk
[pic 30]

Chaṭṭha Saṅgāyana Tipitaka

A message and email solution for Venerable's Sangha, your Parisa or Upasaka's community in Dhamma: May one make use of the given "Sangha-messager": Download app here . More infos see here . មិនទាន់មានកម្មវិធីផ្ញើសារទេ? ទាញយកសារហារីសង្ឃ

[ < ]                                                                                                                  [ > ]

(14) 4. Yodhājīvavaggo

1. Yodhājīvasuttaṃ

On the warrior

134. "Bhikkhus, endowed with three things the warrior becomes worthy for the king, and royal by the sign. What three? Here bhikkhus, the warrior shoots from a distance, knows the right time to shoot and breaks down a huge mass. Bhikkhus, endowed with these three things the warrior becomes worthy for the king and royal by the sign.

"In the same manner bhikkhus, endowed with three things the bhikkhu becomes suitable for hospitality, ... re ... the incomparable field of merit for the world. What three? Here bhikkhus, the warrior shoots from a distance, knows the right time to shoot and breaks down a huge mass.

"Bhikkhus, how does the bhikkhu shoot from a distance?

"Here, bhikkhus, whatever matter, in the past, future or present, internal or external, rough or fine, unexalted or exalted, at a distance or in close proximity, all that matter `is not mine, am not in it, it is not my self.' He sees this, as it really is with right wisdom.

"Whatever feelings, in the past, future or present, internal or external, rough or fine, unexalted or exalted, at a distance or in close proximity, all those feelings `are not mine, am not in them, they are not my self.' He sees this, as it really is with right wisdom.

"Whatever perceptions, in the past, future or present, internal or external, rough or fine, unexalted or exalted, at a distance or in close proximity, all those perceptions `are not mine, am not in them, they are not my self.' He sees this, as it really is with right wisdom.

"Whatever determinations, in the past, future or present, internal or external, rough or fine, unexalted or exalted, at a distance or in close proximity, all those determinations `are not mine, am not in them, they are not my self.' He sees this, as it really is with right wisdom.

"Whatever consciousness, in the past, future or present, internal or external, rough or fine, unexalted or exalted, at a distance or in close proximity, all that consciousness `is not mine, am not in it, it is not my self.' He sees this, as it really is with right wisdom.

"Bhikkhus, thus the bhikkhu shoots from a distance.

"How does the bhikkhu shoot at the correct moment? Here, bhikkhus, the bhikkhu knows as it really is, this is unpleasant ... re ... This is the method to the cessation of unpleasantness, as it really is. Bhikkhus, thus the bhikkhu shoots at the correct moment.

"Bhikkhus, how does the bhikkhu break through a large mass? Here bhikkhus, the bhikkhu breaks through a large mass of ignorance. Thus the bhikkhu breaks through a large mass.

"Bhikkhus, the bhikkhu endowed with these three things becomes suitable for hospitality, ... re ... the incomparable field of merit for the world."

2. Parisāsuttaṃ

Gatherings

135. "Bhikkhus, these three are the gatherings What three? The trained with an external polish, the trained with an inquiring mind, and the trained as long as the threat is there. Bhikkhus, these three are the gatherings."

3. Mittasuttaṃ

Friends

136. "Bhikkhus, endowed with three characteristics friends should be associated. What three? Here, bhikkhus, the bhikkhu gives something difficult to give, does something difficult to do, pardons when difficult to pardon."

4. Uppādāsuttaṃ

Arising

137. "Bhikkhus, whether the Thus Gone Ones are born or not born whether the Thus Gone One's elements are stable as an established rule, the rightful order of things is that all determinations are impermanent. To this the Thus Gone One is completely awakened. It is realized, understood and mastered. by the Thus Gone One and delcared, preached, established, explained, clasified and made clear that all determinations are impermanent.

"Bhikkhus, whether the Thus Gone Ones are born or not born whether the Thus Gone One's elements are stable as an established rule, the rightful order of things is that all determinations are unpleasant. To this the Thus Gone One is completely awakened. It is realized, understood and mastered. by the Thus Gone One and delcared, preached, established, explained, clasified and made clear that all determinations are unpleasant.

"Bhikkhus, whether the Thus Gone Ones are born or not born whether the Thus Gone One's elements are stable as an established rule, the rightful order of things is that all determinations lack a self. To this the Thus Gone One is completely awakened. It is realized, understood and mastered. by the Thus Gone One and delcared, preached, established, explained, clasified and made clear that all determinations lack a self."

5. Kesakambalasuttaṃ

The blanket of head hair

138. "Bhikkhus, of cloth woven with different kinds of thread, the blanket made of head hair, should be proclaimed the most miserable, when cold it is cold, when hot it is hot, it isn't beautiful, its smell is evil and it is unpleasant to the touch. Bhikkhus, in the same manner it should be declared that of the various beliefs of various recluses, Makkhali's view is the most miserable. Bhikkhus, Makkhali the foolish man is of this view: 'There is no action, there is nothing done, there is no effort.'

"Bhikkhus, those who became worthy and rightfully enlightned in the past, those Blessed Ones too were of the view there is action, there is action done, and effort should be made. They too shut out the foolish man Makkhali's view: 'There is no action, there is nothing done, there is no effort'.

"Bhikkhus, those who will become worthy and rightfully enlightned in the future, those Blessed Ones too will be of the view there is action, there is action done, and effort should be made. They too will shut out the foolish man Makkhali's view: 'There is no action, there is nothing done, there is no effort'.

"Bhikkhus, I too worthy and rightfully enlightned at present, am of the view there is action, there is action done, and effort should be made. I too shut out the foolish man Makkhali's view: 'There is no action, there is nothing done, there is no effort'.

"Bhikkhus, a net thrown at the mouth of the river ensnares many fish, to their ill fate, unpleasantness and disaster in the same manner Makkhali the foolish man's net entices many sentient beings, to their ill fate, unpleasantness and disaster."

6. Sampadāsuttaṃ

Attainments

139. "Bhikkhus, these three are the attainments. What three? The attainment of faith, the attainment of virtues and the attainment of wisdom. Bhikkhus, these three are the attainments."

7. Vuddhisuttaṃ

Growths

140. "Bhikkhus, these three are the growths. What three? The growth in faith, the growth in virtues and the growth in wisdom. Bhikkhus, these three are the growths."

8. Assakhaḷuṅkasuttaṃ

An inferior horse

141. "Bhikkhus, I declare three inferior horses and three inferior men, listen and attend carefully.

"Bhikkhus, who are the three inferior horses? Here, bhikkhus, a certain inferior horse has speed, does not have attraction and the right length and circumference. Here, bhikkhus, a certain inferior horse has speed and attraction not right length and circumference. Here, bhikkhus, a certain inferior horse has speed, attraction and the right length and circumference. Bhikkhus, these three are the inferior horses.

"Bhikkhus, who are the three inferior men? Here, bhikkhus, a certain inferior man has speed, does not have attraction and the right length and circumference. Here, bhikkhus, a certain inferior man has speed and attraction not right length and circumference. Here, bhikkhus, a certain inferior man has speed, attraction and the right length and circumference. Bhikkhus, these three are the inferior men.

"Bhikkhus, who is the inferior man who has speed not the attraction and the right length and circumference? Here bhikkhus, a certain one knows as it really is, this is unpleasant ... re ... knows as it really is, this is the method to the cessation of unpleasantness. I say, this is his speed. If a deep question on the Teaching and the Discipline is asked, he is not cross, but does not explain it. I say, this is his lack of beauty. He is not a gainer of robes, morsel food, dwellings and requisties when ill. I say, this is his lack of length and circumference. Bhikkhus, this is the inferior man who has speed not the attraction and the right length and circumference.

"Bhikkhus, who is the inferior man who has speed and attraction not the right length and circumference? Here bhikkhus, a certain one knows as it really is, this is unpleasant ... re ... knows as it really is, this is the method to the cessation of unpleasantness. I say, this is his speed. If a deep question on the Teaching and the Discipline is asked, he explains it, without anger. I say, this is his beauty. He is not a gainer of robes, morsel food, dwellings and requisties when ill. I say, this is his lack of length and circumference. Bhikkhus, this is the inferior man who has speed and attraction not the right length and circumference.

"Bhikkhus, who is the inferior man who has speed, attraction and the right length and circumference? Here bhikkhus, a certain one knows as it really is, this is unpleasant ... re ... knows as it really is, this is the method to the cessation of unpleasantness. I say, this is his speed. If a deep question on the Teaching and the Discipline is asked, he explains it without anger. I say, this is his beauty. He is a gainer of robes, morsel food, dwellings and requisties when ill. I say, this is his length and circumference. Bhikkhus, this is the inferior man who has speed attraction and the right length and circumference.

"Bhikkhus, these are the three inferior men."

9. Assaparassasuttaṃ

The steed

142. "Bhikkhus, I declare three steeds and three men like steeds, listen and attend carefully.

"Bhikkhus, who are the three steeds? Here, bhikkhus, a certain steed has speed, does not have attraction and the right length and circumference. Here, bhikkhus, a certain steed has speed and attraction not right length and circumference. Here, bhikkhus, a certain steed has speed, attraction and the right length and circumference. Bhikkhus, these three are the steeds.

"Bhikkhus, who is the man like a steed who has speed not the attraction and the right length and circumference? Here bhikkhus, the bhikkhu destroying the five lower bonds binding him to the sensual world, arises spontaneously and extinguishes in that birth and does not go further. I say, this is his speed. If a deep question on the Teaching and the Discipline is asked, he is not cross, but does not explain it. I say, this is his lack of beauty. He is not a gainer of robes, morsel food, dwellings and requisties when ill. I say, this is his lack of length and circumference. Bhikkhus, this is the man like a steed who has speed not the attraction and the right length and circumference.

"Bhikkhus, who is the man like a steed who has speed and attraction not the right length and circumference? Here bhikkhus,the bhikkhu destroying the five lower bonds binding him to the sensual world, arises spontaneously and extinguishes in that same birth does not go further. I say, this is his speed. If a deep question on the Teaching and the Discipline is asked, he explains it, without anger. I say, this is his beauty. He is not a gainer of robes, morsel food, dwellings and requisties when ill. I say, this is his lack of length and circumference. Bhikkhus, this is the man like a steed who has speed and attraction not the right length and circumference.

"Bhikkhus, who is the man who like a steed has speed, attraction and the right length and circumference? Here bhikkhus, the bhikkhu destroying the five lower bonds binding him to the sensual world, arises spontaneously and extinguishes in that same birth does not go further. I say, this is his speed. If a deep question on the Teaching and the Discipline is asked, he explains it without anger. I say, this is his beauty. He is a gainer of robes, morsel food, dwellings and requisties when ill. I say, this is his length and circumference. Bhikkhus, this is the man like a steed who has speed attraction and the right length and circumference.

"Bhikkhus, these are the three men who are like steeds."

10. Assājānīyasuttaṃ

The thoroughbred

143. "Bhikkhus, bound by three, I declare the thoroughbred and bound by three I declare the thoroughbred of a man. Listen and attend carefully to it.

"Bhikkhus, who is the thoroughbred bound by three? Here, bhikkhus, a certain thoroughbred is endowed with speed, beauty and the length and circumference.

"Bhikkhus, who is the thoroughbred man bound by three? Here,bhikkhus, a certain thoroughbred man is bound with speed, beauty and the length and circumference.

"Bhikkhus, how is a thoroughbred man endowed with speed, beauty and length and breath? Here, bhikkhus, the bhikkhu destroying desires and releasing the mind, and released through wisdom, here now having realized abides. I say this is his speed. If a deep question on the Teaching and Discipline is asked, he explains without anger. I say, this is his beauty. He gains robes, morsel food, dwellngs and requisites when ill. I say this is his length and circumference. Thus bhikkhus, the thoroughbred of a man has speed, beauty and length and circumference. Bhikkhus, these three are the thoroughbed men."

11. Paṭhamamoranivāpasuttaṃ

First in Moranivapa

144. At one time the Blessed One was living at the wandering ascetics' monastery in Moranivapa in Rajagaha. The Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus from there:

"Bhikkhus, endowed with three things the bhikkhu comes to the highest point, the complete end of unpleasantness, end of the holy life to the finale and becomes chief among gods and men. What three? With the mass of virtues of one gone beyond the training, with the mass of concentration of one gone beyond the training and with the mass of wisdom of one gone beyond the training. Bhikkhus, endowed with these three the bhikkhu comes to the highest point, the complete end of unpleasantness, end of the holy life, to the finale and becomes chief among gods and men."

12. Dutiyamoranivāpasuttaṃ

The second in Moranivapa

145. At one time the Blessed One was living in the wandering ascetics' monastery in Moranivapa in Rajagaha. The Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus from there:

"Bhikkhus, endowed with three things the bhikkhu comes to the highest point, the complete end of unpleasantness, end of the holy life, to the finale and becomes chief among gods and men. What three? The extraordinary of the fete of psychic powers. The extraordinary of reading the thoughts of others and the extraordinary of giving instructions. Bhikkhus, the bhikkhu endowed with these three comes to the highest point, the complete end of unpleasantness, end of the holy life, to the finale and becomes chief among gods and men."

13. Tatiyamoranivāpasuttaṃ

The third in Moranivapa

146. At one time the Blessed One was living in the wandering ascetics' monastery in Moranivapa in Rajagaha. The Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus from there:

"Bhikkhus, the bhikkhu endowed with these three comes to the highest point, the complete end of unpleasantness, end of the holy life to the finale and becomes chief among gods and men. What three? Right view, right knowledge and right release. Bhikkhus, endowed with these three the bhikkhu comes to the highest point, the complete end of unpleasantness, end of the holy life, to the finale and becomes chief among gods and men."

Yodhājīvavaggo cuddasamo.

Tassuddānaṃ –

Yodho parisamittañca, uppādā kesakambalo;

Sampadā vuddhi tayo, assā tayo moranivāpinoti.

-- This translation is Dhamma-Dana (gift of teaching) from Ven. Sister Uppalavanna, edited and integrated into the structure based on the Pali Tipitika of Vipassana Research Insititute, Igatpuri India --

logo_sangham_30Donator/Contributor: Ven. Sister Uppalavanna, Provinz Galla in Sri Lanka (via Ven. Bhikkhu Mettavihari)
Source of origin: http://www.metta.lk/
How to cite this document one suggested style: "(14) 4. Yodhājīvavaggo", edited by sangham.net, 16 Feb 2014,
https://forum.sangham.net/index.php?page=s0402m2.mul13_en_uppa , Retrieved on

Articles in « Tikanipātapāḷi__en »

Comments *