Tipitaka Khmer

Please feel welcome to join the transcription project of the Tipitaka translation in khmer, and share one of your favorite Sutta or more. Simply click here or visit the Forum: 

Search ATI on ZzE

Zugang zur Einsicht - Schriften aus der Theravada Tradition

Access to Insight / Zugang zur Einsicht: Dhamma-Suche auf mehr als 4000 Webseiten (deutsch / english) - ohne zu googeln, andere Ressourcen zu nehmen, weltliche Verpflichtungen einzugehen. Sie sind für den Zugang zur Einsicht herzlich eingeladen diese Möglichkeit zu nutzen. (Info)

Random Sutta
Random Article
Random Jataka

Zufälliges Sutta
Zufälliger Artikel
Zufälliges Jataka

Arbeits/Work Forum ZzE

"Dhammatalks.org":
[logo dhammatalks.org]
Random Talk
[pic 30]

Chaṭṭha Saṅgāyana Tipitaka

A message and email solution for Venerable's Sangha, your Parisa or Upasaka's community in Dhamma: May one make use of the given "Sangha-messager": Download app here . More infos see here . មិនទាន់មានកម្មវិធីផ្ញើសារទេ? ទាញយកសារហារីសង្ឃ

[ < ]                                                                                                                  [ > ]

(23) 3. Duccaritavaggo

Misconduct

1. Duccaritasuttaṃ

Misconduct

221. "Bhikkhus, these four go as verbal misbehaviour. What four? Telling lies, slandering, rough talk and frivolous talk. Bhikkhus, these four go as verbal misbehaviour.

"Bhikkhus, these four go as verbal good behaviour. What four? Telling the truth, not slandering, not talking roughly and not talking frivolously. Bhikkhus, these four are verbal good behaviour."

2. Diṭṭhisuttaṃ

Wrong view

222. "Bhikkhus, endowed with four things the foolish not Great Man destroys himself, becomes faulty and blamed by the wise accrues much demerit. What four? Bodily misconduct, verbal misconduct, mental misconduct and wrong view. Bhikkhus, endowed with these four things the foolish not Great Man destroys himself, becomes faulty and blamed by the wise accrues much demerit.

"Bhikkhus, endowed with four things the learned, Great Man does not destroy himself, not becoming faulty and praised by the wise accrues much merit. What four? Bodily good conduct, verbal good conduct, mental good conduct and right view. Bhikkhus, endowed with these four things the learned, Great Man does not destroy himself, not becoming faulty and praised by the wise accrues much merit."

3. Akataññutāsuttaṃ

Ungratefulness

223. "Bhikkhus, endowed with four things the foolish not Great Man destroys himself, becomes faulty and blamed by the wise accrues much demerit. What four? Bodily misconduct, verbal misconduct, mental misconduct and ungratefulness. Bhikkhus, endowed with these four things the foolish not Great Man destroys himself, becomes faulty and blamed by the wise accrues much demerit."

"Bhikkhus, endowed with four things the learned, Great Man does not destroy himself, not becoming faulty and praised by the wise accrues much merit. What four? Bodily good conduct, verbal good conduct, mental good conduct and gratefulness. Bhikkhus, endowed with these four things the learned Great Man does not destroy himself, not becomeing faulty and praised by the wise accrues much merit."

4. Pāṇātipātīsuttaṃ

Destroying living things

224. "Bhikkhus, endowed with four things the foolish not Great Man destroys himself, becomes faulty and blamed by the wise accrues much demerit. What four? Destroying the life of living things, taking the not given, misbehaving in sexual conduct and telling lies. Bhikkhus, endowed with these four things the foolish not Great Man destroys himself, becomes faulty and blamed by the wise accrues much demerit.

"Bhikkhus, endowed with four things the learned, Great Man does not destroy himself, not becoming faulty and praised by the wise accrues much merit. What four? Abstaining from destroying the life of living things, abstaining from taking the not given, abstaining from sexual misconduct and not telling lies. Bhikkhus, endowed with these four things the learned, Great Man does not destroy himself, not becoming faulty and praised by the wise accrues much merit."

5. Paṭhamamaggasuttaṃ

First on the path

225. "Bhikkhus, endowed with four things the foolish not Great Man destroys himself, becomes faulty and blamed by the wise accrues much demerit. What four? Wrong view, wrong thoughts, wrong words and wrong actions. Bhikkhus, endowed with four things the foolish not Great Man destroys himself, becoming faulty and blamed by the wise accrues much demerit.

"Bhikkhus, endowed with four things the learned, Great Man does not destroy himself, not becoming faulty and praised by the wise accrues much merit. What four? Right view, right thoughts, right speech and right actions. Bhikkhus, endowed with these four things the learned, Great Man does not destroy himself, not becoming faulty and praised by the wise accrues much merit."

6. Dutiyamaggasuttaṃ

Second on the path

226. "Bhikkhus, endowed with four things the foolish not Great Man destroys himself, becomes faulty and blamed by the wise accrues much demerit. What four? Wrong livelihood, wrong effort, wrong mindfulness and wrong concentration. Bhikkhus, endowed with these four things the foolish not Great Man destroys himself, becoming faulty and blamed by the wise accrues much demerit.

"Bhikkhus, endowed with four things the learned, Great Man does not destroy himself, not becoming faulty and praised by the wise accrues much merit. What four? Right livelihood, right endeavour, right mindfulness and right concentration. Bhikkhus, endowed with these four things the learned, Great Man does not destroy himself, not becoming faulty and praised by the wise accrues much merit."

7. Paṭhamavohārapathasuttaṃ

First on ways of expression

227. "Bhikkhus, endowed with four things the foolish not Great Man destroys himself, becomes faulty and blamed by the wise accrues much demerit. What four? The not seen he says I saw, the not heard he says I heard, the not experienced he says I experienced, the not cognized he says I cognized. Bhikkhus, endowed with these four things, the foolish not Great Man destroys himself, becoming faulty and blamed by the wise accrues much demerit.

"Bhikkhus, endowed with four things the learned, Great Man does not destroy himself, not becoming faulty and praised by the wise accrues much merit. What four? The not seen he says I did not see, the not heard he says I did not hear, the not experienced he says I did not experience, the not cognized he says I did not cognize. Bhikkhus, endowed with these four things the learned, Great Man does not destroy himself, becoming not faulty and praised by the wise accrues much merit."

8. Dutiyavohārapathasuttaṃ

Second on ways of expression

228. "Bhikkhus, endowed with four things the foolish not Great Man destroys himself, becomes faulty and blamed by the wise accrues much demerit. What four? The seen he says I did not see, the heard he says I did not hear, the experienced he says I did not experience, the cognized he says I did not cognize. Bhikkhus, endowed with these four things, the foolish not Great Man destroys himself, becoming faulty and blamed by the wise accrues much demerit.

"Bhikkhus, endowed with these four things the learned, Great Man does not destroy himself, not becoming faulty and praised by the wise accrues much merit. What four? The seen he says I saw, the heard he says I heard, the experienced he says I experienced, the cognized he says I cognized. Bhikkhus, endowed with these four things the learned, Great Man does not destroy himself, becoming not faulty and praised by the wise accrues much merit."

9. Ahirikasuttaṃ

Without shame

229. "Bhikkhus, endowed with four things the foolish not Great Man destroys himself, becomes faulty and blamed by the wise accrues much demerit. What four? Without faith, is unvirtuous, shameless and has no fear to do evil. Bhikkhus, endowed with these four things, the foolish not Great Man destroys himself, becoming faulty and blamed by the wise accrues much demerit.

"Bhikkhus, endowed with these four things the learned, Great Man does not destroy himself, not becoming faulty and praised by the wise accrues much merit. What four? Has faith, is virtuous, shameful and fears to do evil. Bhikkhus, endowed with these four things the learned, Great Man does not destroy himself, becoming not faulty and praised by the wise accrues much merit."

10. Duppaññasuttaṃ

The Foolish

230. "Bhikkhus, endowed with four things the foolish not Great Man destroys himself, becomes faulty and blamed by the wise accrues much demerit. What four? Without faith, is unvirtuous, lazy and without wisdom. Bhikkhus, endowed with these four things, the foolish not Great Man destroys himself, becoming faulty and blamed by the wise accrues much demerit.

"Bhikkhus, endowed with these four things the learned, Great Man does not destroy himself, not becoming faulty and praised by the wise accrues much merit. What four? With faith, is virtuous, with aroused effort is wise. Bhikkhus, endowed with these four things the learned, Great Man does not destroy himself, becoming not faulty and praised by the wise accrues much merit."

11. Kavisuttaṃ

Poets

231. "Bhikkhus, these four are poets. What four? One thinking becomes a poet, one hearing becomes a poet, one seeing meanings becomes a poet and one understanding becomes a poet. Bhikkhus, these four are poets."

Duccaritavaggo tatiyo.

Tassuddānaṃ –

Duccaritaṃ diṭṭhi akataññū ca, pāṇātipātāpi dve maggā;

Dve vohārapathā vuttā, ahirikaṃ duppaññakavinā cāti.

-- This translation is Dhamma-Dana (gift of teaching) from Ven. Sister Uppalavanna, edited and integrated into the structure based on the Pali Tipitika of Vipassana Research Insititute, Igatpuri India --

logo_sangham_30Donator/Contributor: Ven. Sister Uppalavanna, Provinz Galla in Sri Lanka (via Ven. Bhikkhu Mettavihari)
Source of origin: http://www.metta.lk/
How to cite this document one suggested style: "(23) 3. Duccaritavaggo", edited by sangham.net, 16 Feb 2014,
https://forum.sangham.net/index.php?page=s0402m3.mul22_en_uppa , Retrieved on

Articles in « Catukkanipātapāḷi__en »

Comments *